The comfort bag

Everywhere I go I take a bag. Usually size of a school backpack. I take all the things that I may need should I find myself in emotional distress. I always have things that appeal to the other parts of me too. Wee likes a stuffed animal. She has always had a bear...now she has many to pick from. From little Sesame Street characters that fit in her hand (she rubs on her face to settle herself ) to a large stuffed bear she calls Gunther...three favorites are that and monkey named coco and a long necked bear called Goober...
Maddy likes the adult colouring books so I take those things in the comfort bag.
I carry medicine, wet wipes, spare set of clothes plus sweatshirt, glitter stick to distract myself, phone charger, meal supplement bar and drink, thermos bottle of hot water (soothes insides). I also have phone and paper contact list of support people. Sometimes I put more in..not often less.
I take my comfort bag if I am going more than 20 minutes away from home...sometimes I take it just to get gas in my car.
My car has a lot of comfort items permanently carried in it.
I like to be prepared
I know self care
A comfort bag

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Flaws

Home

Create Support Network