Vulnerable

Being sensitive. Feeling vulnerable.
I am in familiar territory.

Fear. Back against the wall. No one can help. I cannot help myself.

I say I am surviving cancer. It is ongoing. The choices not great. I am tired.

Where was I going with this?
Right. Vulnerable.

Even the greatest of warriors have their weak spot. Achilles heel as it may be said. We are each vulnerable in some way or at some points throughout the course of life.

As children we took our lead from our peers. Our skills, language, beliefs etc. are formed in adolesence.

Some children don't learn what they need. Some learn through abuse. Some develop abnormal coping skills or behavior. Or perhaps lack skills for adulthood.

I remember when in jr. high they were pushing us to strive for excellence but to also be a 'well-rounded' personality.

Me.. many skills..master of none. Lol.

Vulnerable.

Having to ask others for help.
As an adult, not well, this has been very hard. I want to be able to do all on my own. Today I cannot.
Realistically, in life, we all have to reach out to others. No one has all the answers.

When you are more vulnerable...perhaps you have few people in your immediate life or range. It can be extra hard.

That saying "once burnt, twice shy" may apply.

If you have been hurt, felt used, felt betrayed, etc. You can be skittish to approach anyone. Trust becomes a problem.

It is then...being vulnerable we can search for help through local organizations, hospitals, city halls, your gov't offices..
Ask through a trusted source.

It is never easy.

As adults we have to push to care for ourselves.

Truth. Sometimes specific help is not available.
Continue searching.
Keep asking.

Vulnerable is not weak.
It is finding strength in the will to care for self.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create Support Network

Beautiful Flaws

Wizards and Wanderers