In Today I Stay

Instead of living in the pain of my past I acknowledge it. Chosing to make it a foundation for today.

It can be hard within our daily challenges to find find peace within ourselves.

I will be who I am.
Some things...like triggers will happen..crummy days where I do not feel gratitude.

My point is trying to shift focus.
Forward.
Purpose.
Facing today's challenges and finding tools and resourses to support my physical and mental health.

I have learned many things in my life experiences. It's my story. I need to keep moving with it. Let life evolve and emerge.

Doing it is the challenge! Accept nows stuff. Never easy. Focus on moments knowing that the today and tomorrows are mine.

Staying mindful of each moment is difficult for me. Busy brain does not want to settle. (PTSD)

One practice that does seem to help is Tea Meditation.

Here is how Charlie K. (Charlie's Planet - blogger) describes it;

The power of tea
Practice mindfulness with a steaming hot cup of tea. Feel the warmth on your hands as you hold the cup, watch the steam rising. Study the bubbles, the colors, sizes, shapes.
Take a sip, try to taste the distinct flavors, feel the warmth wash through your mouth and glide down the back of your throat all the way to your tummy.
Try to stay in the moment, experience the here and now... It's just you, the tea, and peacefulness...
You will likely stray... Often... When you do take a deep breath, blow it out hard, and refocus on the tea.

There are many techniques to help focus.

Being in the now is freeing.
I worry less.
I can calm myself.
I can enjoy my time.
Declutters the dusty thoughts.

Using the past as a stepping stone to forward growth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Flaws

Home

Create Support Network