It's never too late to say "I am sorry"

So many things done and said leave hurt that lingers.
Owning behavior an illusion for some. Abuse left unspoken.
From a child to adulthood I have felt the many levels of betrayal and indignity. Apologies that will never come.
A few heard.
Some not real.
Some geniune.
Many to let go of.
I cannot live in vengence.
I cannot seek retribution.
To guilt or shame would not serve me.
I work on myself.
My own reactions and behavior.
I try to own what is mine.
I make mistakes.
Refection is only to be aware.
Often I have let those past hurts continue to hurt me.
I do carry some.
Lingering.
This is life learning.
I am not always sure who the lesson is for when I suffer.
The offender or the offended.
My wall rises and falls.
Uncertain of who or what is safe.
Why me?
Do they knew what mess they left behind?
Now my mess.
It's never too late to say you are sorry.( ? )
If you do..be sure your actions match your words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Flaws

Home

Create Support Network