Being Real

There are many challenges in life. We don't get to pick many things we experience.

Coming from a background of many abuses and abusers PTSD, anxiety, depression and Disocciative Identity Disorder developed.

After many many moons I have done the majority of the trauma work needed to have my system of alters work more congruently. Far from perfect but more managable. I feel as integrated as possible at this time and am now focusing on my physical health and coping.

I was diagnosed with Anal Cancer in 2014. It is slow progression and difficult to treat. Many surgeries to try to keep my sphyncter intact. Avoiding radiation and chemo as long as possible.
I know it is there. I know it is growing.
Time.
Who knows what is to come.
Another invisible illness that cannot be seen.

"You look great"
"You are so strong"
"You are going to be ok."

I know you cannot see my innards twist or my mind spin.

I share my story so others know I too understand how it feels to Be Real. Good, bad or indifferent I want you to know that I see and feel like you.

Be Real.

This is who I am and how my life is.
A stumbling warrior perhaps, but I still have my sword.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Flaws

Home

Create Support Network