They Grow Old 💔

I pressed back the tears. Swallowing difficult with sawdust mouth. There were no words to say. Life can be unfair. Life can be tragic.

Memories flooded me as I watched the three elders commiserate. Sitting close together as if in a world only they shared.

In some ways our generational gap made me outside of their tales. Some we shared. On this day I could only sit back and observe.

I am losing them. Time is not on their side. Their minds less sharp. Their bodies failing them. I could see the gambut of emotions on this visit.

My own rolled down my cheeks in solitude. Not wanting them to see how much pain I was feeling.

Safe people. The cottage...my safest place on earth.
Time not on our side. I feel the crushing fear of tomorrows.

No. I am not blood. Related by marriage. From 4 yrs old these people have represented my safety rocks.

I struggle to cope. Grieving as they slowly go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Flaws

Home

Create Support Network