Nightmares

I can see her
Not close enough
Eyes pleading
Noise drowns 
Her screams
I can see hands 
Tugging her
As I reach
Close, so close
I can feel
Her deep terror
Desperation
I cannot get her
I beg to the sky
I beg to those hands
Release her
Release her
Release me
Let me go 
Please

Its a dream. I have these type frequent. 
A child
No faces
I am outside
But it is me

At other times I am older
Again, outside myself. 
Perhaps 12 at most. 

It is so real. 
Sound. Smell. Details. No faces. Mine. 
No perpetrator. 
Hands. A necklace. Not enough. 

A nightmare. A flashback. 
They come frequent. 

I know feeling stressed and vulnerable makes it happen often times. 

Sometimes it is a way in starting to heal from some of these traumatic events. I know, therefore, I can work on. 

A painful path. 

I am tired. 

My body is sore. 

I feel quite drained. 

Day rest seems easier.
I have fewer of these terrors. 

Nap. Nap. 
At least rest. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Flaws

Home

Create Support Network