The DDI 3s for Stress Situations

When in hard situations I have learned that I often cannot fix,  answer, or be in I try to remember the DDI. I call the 3s. 

People places and things where the "Gods Prayer" a " Hail Mary" may apply. 
Often it's a horrid feeling of being stuck where you'd rather not. 

Sometimes it is dealing with a person or people that cannot be appeased. 

Maybe you have been in something similar. 

The 3s

Deflect, Defer, Ignore

Deflect- Change the subject. 
               Move away from the discussion.
               Do not take the ' bait' on topics or
               with people you know are looking 
               for conflict to set you off.


Defer -  I hear what your saying.
                I am sorry you are feeling that.
                I will think about that.
               Do not engage the person. Use
               repeated 'blank' responses.


Ignore - This is not mine. Reminder.
               Remove yourself. 
               Do not answer people who call
               when you need peace.
               No requires no explanation or
               justification. Say No and let them
               look after their own feelings.

The 3s. 

I try to remember. I learned these long ago. Applying this is not an easy undertaking. 
There are many who do not understand or respect boundaries. 
Some know your 'buttons' Some are situations that may be triggering for you. 

If it feels uncomfortable there is a reason.

Remember self care/preservation.

                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Flaws

Home

Create Support Network