Beautiful Flaws

Far far from perfect.  I am made up of so many characteristics. As we have maneuvered this life we know we are also a collection of flaws. Beautiful flaws as they've made me who I am. 

With PTSD and D.I.D,  and just being human I've made mistakes.  I have some limitations. 

Anxiety plays on me. I cannot be or do what many people can. It's a difficult path. With that does come the side of compassion and understanding of others.

I can be soft and sensitive.  Empathy and kindness have grown with my awareness of these feelings and obstructions. 

I can be misinterpreted as being controlling when I am just trying to protect myself with boundaries. 

Flaws like shortness and impatience. I know I have these. 

I have needs you cannot see or understand. 
My needs seem unreasonable to you. It's me. Yes. 

My ground feels unstable and I can be pushed to a place where my mind state will alter. I Switch persons inside. You cannot understand unless you've educated yourself about me.  D.I.D 

I am made up of five alters. We each have flaws...
Complex but real.
One is protecting,  often blunt or angry. With potty mouth, 'truckers talk' she is still a wild child with peace in her being.
One is watchful and somewhat ocd. It's the mother in me. Her flaw is her stubborn nature.  
One watches. His flaw...too silent. 
The wee one is a hider but too curious. She is also independent and forgets the rules when one is 'stuck in the large body'...like drawing on skin with permanent marker. 

A boundless series of traits make me. Life  greatly contributed. 

Time is needed. Know me and perhaps you will see the beauty in my flaws. 

We all have them.

Comments

  1. Is it possible for our flaws to become our strengths? Can we forgive ourselves for our flaws, and does that forgiveness empower us?
    Thanks for sharing your story, April. Thanks for sharing your beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, get well soon, you survived cancer, I hope you have good luck and happiness in your life, I understand your situation because I also got cancer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home

Create Support Network