Acceptance

Acceptance is one of the hardest skills I have yet to master. 


The Serenity Prayer 

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can 
And the wisdom to know the difference. 

God can be whatever you believe in even if it means Good Orderly Directon. A power greater than self. 


Acceptance via the Oxford Dictionary in this instance means 

1. the action of consenting to receive or undertake something offered.

2. willingness to tolerate a difficult or unpleasant situation.


Acceptance according to Wikipedia 

Acceptance in human psychology is a person's assent to the reality of a situation, recognizing a process or condition (often a negative or uncomfortable situation) that is a fait accompli without attempting to change it or protest it.


All of these apply for me. In pushing myself to be accepting I must also apply myself in different ways. I have some faith in life processes. 

I have a faith of my own creation that I fall to. It comes down to a belief that the energy can get better, live in the light of kindness,  watch the stars 🌟.  Life has a path, I believe. 

People, places and things. All complex. All learning curves. It's ongoing experiences. Adjusting my mindset to be accepting of what may or may not come, happen, be true. To take a pause. Consider how to see it/them. Chose to accept and move forward. Be kind. Do your best. That's really the gist of finding some peace in mind. It can make life just that little bit easier. It can free yourself from the chains of rejection and dismissal. 

Finding a means to live a happier, more positive way to get through each day in whatever way possible is why I try my best to live with Acceptance in my heart. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Flaws

Home

Create Support Network