Connections

It is often said that people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. That each connection we make has a purpose of some higher meaning. I am a  believer. 

Living into my 50s, now I have had too many life meetings to count. There have been too many connections on different levels and from brief moments to lifetime spans. But I know each left something for me to take in. 

Memory is a fickle part of being human.  The capacity to hold onto all information is impossible. We forget much. Most of those brief moments with an individual get lost. Some stand out and remain imbedded in what we remember. Faces. Words. Images. 

I have much gratitude for the beautiful things in people that I have had the privilege of experiencing. I embrace those fond memories on dark days. I take time to refresh long-term relationships. I take a moment to check in on one's that are quiet.  I try my best to vigilantly nurture those I encounter in my days. 

I do my best to live in the light of kindness. 

Sometimes I forget...
Sometimes I withdraw into myself. I cannot connect.  It happens. 
We all can find ourselves disconnected. Or have a need to be apart. The quiet moments are also learning time. 
As long as we don't stay there.
Always hold on to reaching out and getting connection in some way as it helps ground us in being part of community.  

Community is how we have love, empathy,  sharing, compassion, kindness and learning. It's where connection is. It's where we feed our minds and enrich our lives. 

I am not under any illusion that it's perfect.  It's not. It also comes with harsh pain at times. Events and situations are different in different places. There can be much trauma, crisis,  hardships in life. Connection sometimes we wish we never had. People we dread hearing the name even spoken. That's part of reality for many.  I don't discount this for I have my own history of negative connection and painful memories.  

Here, I am referring to when we find the good. The interesting. The love and laughter.  Life has this out there. May we each find those bright lights in others. May we have beautiful connections. 

As I sit with a friend this is my wish. I am fortunate today to have connection with this person.  A soul that helps my own spirit grow. Gratitude for having a community around me. I know I must keep in touch always in order for there to be ongoing conversations and engagement. That's life. My life. 

I wish you connection!

Comments

  1. We are here on earth to have human experiences to learn our lessons. Often times, our encounters with others and connections we establish give us much needed experiences. At the end of the day, it’s all about learning to LOVE UNCONDITIONALLY. May the Blessings Be dear One! πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’›

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Flaws

Home

Create Support Network