A bit about DID

What can I tell you? I have DID and things gets complicated at times.

5 alive is 4 plus me.

My emotions are often heightened because I have 'extra persons' inside.

For some DIDs it is the opposite in many ways. They feel little or no emotion as their 'parts' can house different feelings.

There really is no set mould for how a DID presents. Trauma in early childhood gone untreated can manifest many different ways of coping.

I do not have many answers. I know and am still learning about my own Dissociative Identity Disorder.

I do know that unlike many I have no co consciousness. No connection of thought with my parts. I get information like cards in a rolodex. Who put which card in I am not always sure. I know enough about them to guess whom might it be from. Who was there when I was 'inside'?? That meaning I am not present. Like a blackout for me.

Sometimes I feel the miss of time and sometimes not particularly. It can feel like a blip. Like the lights flicker in a storm. Sometimes I don't feel it at all. An example being one 'part' injects a sentence into a conversation.

For the most part I think I am just used to it being this way.

Fortunately, with lots and lots of therapy, we tend to work together. Things can run fairly smooth.

There are still times when there seems to be 5 agendas on the go and life gets more jutty.

For me. I roll with it as best I can. I continue with therapy and  learning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Flaws

Home

Create Support Network