Speedy Mind

There is a condition..a label for this called Racing Thought Syndrome. Wikipedia has great information...about how it often goes hand in hand with many mental illnesses. Basically the mind is random busy with jumping thoughts that seemingly are endless. Is a maddening process to attempt to slow. Lots of ideas but each person is different in water helps calm that busy brain.
.
No shut off
Creates inability to concentrate or focus at times
Dominant feeling of not finishing thought or idea or plan as jumping constant.

For me add inner noise.
An ongoing sound like being outside an auditorium with much going on and I hear from outside...
Sometimes a baby crying in the distance.

I am..

Information sponge
Racing
Inability to sleep
Overload
Picture memory

I have...

'Panel in the head'
Negative self talk learned in childhood.
Standards morals expectations judgement
In self
Spinning

My solutions are;

Headphones..either for quiet or for distracting music
Do art or write or try to engage my creative side
Ear plugs
Meditation...my own type of yoga..stretching on mat and an exercise ball.
I am not well so I try walking outside
Exercise can be helpful
Write some of the thoughts in point form...better out than in.
I use an opioid oil at night in attempt to find sleep prescribed canibis oil. It helps.
Lower stress.  Less to roll around in my head.
I know there are many more things I have yet to try.
It is just a label but if it fits then you know where to focus self care and doing the work. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Flaws

Create Support Network

The Nowhere Traveler