đź”’Witnessed

I watched a young woman drown August 2015.
A beautiful clear day.
I was 30 ft away at most.
Shallow beach can be decieving and dangerous if you cannot swim.
An accident. Flipped off a float.
A search. Long. Found. I watched.
I helped search.
Helpless...
I cannot explain the gambut of emotions that day...or since. Too much happened. It was surreal. It was real. It is stuck in my head like a movie in bits. Strong images.
I didn't know her but I learned about her.
Heart breaking
At times I feel that was a loss that I would have traded places. She had a LIFE.
I work at this. To feel my value.
This is part of life...dealing with death.
I need to take gratitude to mind. Search deep. Like myself. Love myself
Her life cut short.
I am here.
Use it. This time. My LIFE. Give and enjoy the moments even the crappy ones.
I breathe.
Izzy is gone.
RIP mama wife daughter sister cousin friend acquaintance..stranger I met in death. 💜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Flaws

Home

Create Support Network