How to Ground Yourself - 2 Tips

Tip 1
1. Breathe deep and slow
2. Feet planted standing in rest position. If you can't stand lay on firm surface or sit legs uncrossed.
3. Think of five things within proximity to you. Picture their shape,feel, texture, smell, colours...Do each item.
4. Pick five items you regularly see in nature.... visualuze shape, colour, feel etc...

Did you relax?

Tip 2
I have distraction items to focus on
~ A sparkle stick that has glitter that moves in it. Watch it.
~ soft twinkle lights. I have a strand on my dresser. I have a bulb that puts moving stars on the ceiling. I have a moon light glows on ceiling. I have a colour changing lamp.
~ worry beads. I use for counting when I can't focus. I use for mantra over and over when I can..repeat positive affirmations to myself..like "I am safe" "I am strong" my favorite is "I am Warrior Woman"
~ comics. I find on twitter or facebook or just online. I also have my favorite comic books at hand. Calvin and Hobbs. Bucky. Etc.
~create. I colour, play with clay, paint draw knit sew whatever...hobbies are good distractions
~ bath or shower and focus on the feeling of the water. I also like to swim. I find water calming. Even to watch water just watch.
~ rain stick...has pebbles in bamboo sealed in ...turn and sounds like rain. Soft sound helps distract.
~ Music loud if I need that lindvif distraction out comes Metallica and AC/DC
Soft is David Grey or Gordon lightfoot or spa music
~ the tv channel called aquarium or beaches...really calming distraction

Anything there you do or can add?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Flaws

Create Support Network

The Nowhere Traveler