Learning Self care

When night after night I go without sleep I will hit a wall. Too tired. Feel melancholy.   Vulnerable. Self care is getting a tool to combat anxiety or depression, fear, stress and more body reactions and emotions. It is a learning journey for all humans. We have basic needs. Food, water, shelter, heat, comfort...
I have much learning to go...my journey is forward.

These a few of my self care tools..I have many....I say get a BIG toolbox!

~Hot bath or cold shower or hot shower..I like to feel the calm of the water. I vary the temperature depending on how I am feeling. (hot pounding shower feels good when I am sad or stressed)😥

~Square breathing exercise:  4 count in 4 count hold four count out 4 count hold Repeat
Repeat
This can be modified a lesser count as you learn to bring that air straight into full belly expanding your diaphram. It takes practice as we tend to only expand our lungs and only the minimal regularly. Air feeds the body and mind. It can help if focus on air when doing this. Air is life. 💨

~I drink plain hot water. The body requires hydration. Warm or hot seems to soothe me. Sometimes I have a herbal tea...(I love my java bit try to use decaf or half strength in distress moments)🍚

~Tactile distraction🖐
Bubble wrap
Bumpy ball
Fluid Sparkle stick
Soft blanket or stuffed toy
The old string circle hand game (some may know this..is difficult to explain but you make a string circle about a half meter and tie it in circle..any knot will do..then put hands in at each end thumb pinky ..then use your finger to pick up sides of the string to make shspes like a craddle or star...)  Yo Yo kind of idea..oh yeah you can play with that for tactile distraction too 🤗

~Silly putty or putty you can mold and not play dough...dough dries snd crumbles.
Messy not fun or helpful if I am already in a state. 🙃

~A stretch toy ~ miss you Stretch Armstrong. Worst case a tens band (stretchy hose) or vacuum belt..anything strong and stretchy works. Keep in mind no strength equals a nasty snap!😨

There are many many more ideas or tools.
I keep an open mind and try things I hear about. Not everything wotks for me. I keep it all in my head..you never know when you might run out of the right tool for the job and may need to switch it up.😆

I hope your toolbox grows. 🛠🔨🔧⛏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Flaws

Home

Create Support Network